Facebook, Twitter, Snap Chat, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, the list goes on! What should you use?
Let's breakdown the main purpose of each major social media platform out there.
- Facebook: 1.3+ Billion users; connecting and relationships.
- Instagram: 200 Million users; Photos, food, art and entertainment.
- Twitter: 600 Million users; News and articles.
- LinkedIn: 600 Million users, professional connections and business development.
- Pinterest: 70 Million users; the scrapbooking app, images only.
- YouTube: 1 Billion users; All ages, increase brand awareness.
- Google+: 200 Million users; News and Tech/Design businesses.
So what works best for your business? Ask yourself these two questions:
1. What are my goals?
2. How do I want to communicate to my customers?
If you want to reach a mass amount of people only using high quality photographs of your products or services? Then Instagram is your app. If you want to be clean, simple, and to the point, then Twitter is your perfect platform.
With so many options out there, a business truly needs multiple applications to connect and communicate to all of their customers. So what will you choose?
"Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and their websites to connect with current and prospective customers." --HubSpot